Life's Beauty

Life's Beauty

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Tinker

This blog isn’t about that much, just need to express my feelings if that’s ok :)
Well, I’ll start at the beginning shall I :)

In grade 10, I did some work experience at a vet surgery.  In the middle of the week two adorable little 5 week old orphan kittens came in, they were abandoned by their mother and left on the side of the road, then brought in because one of them (tinker) was stood on. Anyways they were both so adorable and small; one of them (bell) just ate and ate! She was and still is a little fatty, and the other one (tink) would sit in the corner of the cage and rock, so cute!!
Anyways they didn’t have a home so I offered to look after them until we found them a home. Well guess what, they never found one so we kept the little angels ;) and we called them tinker and bell. Both my adorable little mysterious babies! :)
Anyways we’ve loved them and they’ve loved us for over two years now.
But unfortunately my little baby tinker jumped into the neighbour’s yard and was viciously milled by the dogs on the holidays. :(
All I remember is having this gut feeling that can’t be explained and knowing that something was wrong, I ran out to the deck, I saw our dog honey trying to get over the fence to protect tink, and then my brother jumping back over the fence with little tink in his arm, I could see from the deck she had a broken leg and was torn up.
I ran inside grabbed some clothes then ran to the car, my brother was holding tink in a towel. Her eyes were big and she had froth around her mouth. As I approached her she looked up at me and I kissed her on the head and said, “Everything is going to be ok.”
As we drove to the vets, I kept saying, “She will be ok.” “Its gona be fine.” I said it over and over trying to convince myself that it WILL be ok, even tho I had a strong feeling it wouldn’t be ok.
I kept looking back at tink in my brother’s arms, she was happy and comfortable to be in his arms even tho she was all torn up.
By the time we got there it was too late, she had slowly drifted off into a sleep she will never awake from.
 It’s hard even for me to type about it, but I’m feeling a little better :) I haven’t really spoken about it before till today, I was trying not to think about it too much cause it hurts. But last term I made an art piece and I took it home today and it had a picture of tink on it, and as I looked at it, it hit me. I talked a little about it to my friend sitting next to me, but I had to stop, uno?
But I can never forget it, that morning I was on the deck patting the dogs and she was there, so adorable, she was lying upside down playing and chewing on a piece of rope. Twas so cute! She was so young and alive! But it only took a few seconds for her to be gone, and that image of her with the rope sticks in my mind, she was so happy, :) and its good cause she had a very happy life, but it’s sad that it was taken away so quickly and early.
And that also got me thinking, life can be so short, so live it to the full! And spend each moment with your loved ones like it’s your last! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment