Life's Beauty

Life's Beauty

Friday 1 March 2013

Overpowered


I was out for lunch the other day, and a good friend of mine was there and she was very close to Simon our friend who committed suicide.  Unfortunately my good friend is not copping very well, she hasn’t been eating but she has been drinking nearly every night, and I don’t mean water, no matter how much alcohol someone has it will not help them. It never dose and never will.

She needed someone to talk to and as we were chatting about it one of the things I said to her was, ‘The thing that made the decision to end it wasn’t Simon. The Simon I knew would have never done this to us, it was the battle he was having inside his head, the depression that over took him and made him believe he had to pull the trigger.’

We are living in a world that has things in it that are much bigger than us. Have you ever stood under a skyscraper and looked up at it? It makes you feel minuscule and over powered. Which is a lot like something’s in this world that have the capability to be over powering.

But good news! Our God is much bigger and better!

 

We are imperfect people living in an imperfect world full of corruption. And some of us try to earn grace from God, and try to be good enough for Him.

But it’s impossible, we could never earn His grace, because we are far from perfect, whether you like it or not.

He is purity, perfection, in the bible when God appeared to people it talks about how bright it was, a pure white light, so bright that people couldn’t look upon it, they couldn’t look at the purity.

I know what you’re thinking, why did He create us then? If we are not good enough for Him then why are we here?

Well in the beginning God created us with no sin, we where once pure, and God would walk with Adam and Eve side by side in the Garden of Eden.  But unfortunately we wronged God and sin came into the world, which created a gap between God and us.

But God is merciful and loving and desperately wants to be with us, so much so that He sent His only Son so that all our sins may be forgiven and we can be rescued. From Gods Son, Jesus, dying on the cross a bridge was created so that we may be able to cross it and be with God.

Do you see how much bigger and better God is? If he is able to create a universe, yet care for a single bird that has fallen from its nest, I’m pretty sure you have no need to worry or be threatened.

‘The Lord himself will fight for you. You won’t have to lift a finger in your defense!’ Exodus 14:14

 

If you want to begin and be in a personal relationship with Jesus today, then please pray this prayer.

“Dear Lord Jesus, I believe you died for me and that Your blood paid for my sins. Please forgive me for my sin. I want you to be my Lord. Thank you for dying for me, forgiving my sin and giving me the gift of eternal life. I wish to turn away from sin and I acknowledge you as my Lord and Saviour, Amen.”

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment