Life's Beauty

Life's Beauty

Friday 28 September 2012

Finding that key.


The past, I us to think that I was trapped by it, I felt as though it was always holding me back and holding me down.

I felt as though I were a bird in a locked cage, when the whole time I had the key and all I had to do was realise it.

You know those moments when you are searching and searching for something that you know you cannot leave without? Then you stop for a second, take a deep breath wondering where on earth it could be, you then put your hand in your pocket and you feel something in it.

You then shake your head and smile for a second, then look around at the room you just trashed desperately trying to find something you had all along.

Then you have this amazing peace, that gently floats over you and it is a great feeling.

Do you get what I am saying?

You have the power; it is your choice to let the past get to you.

“Just because the past taps you on the shoulder, doesn’t mean you have to look back.”

Give yourself that freedom you deserve.

It’s over, it happened, you can never change it, all you can do is forgive, others and yourself, and sometimes you need to say sorry to those you have hurt in your past.

Yes I know we all get little reminders of our past in our present, some more than others, but it is your choice to either dwell on them feeling sorry for yourself, or to fix it.

It can be good to speak with someone you trust about your past and the feelings you are still holding onto because of that past.

But only God can heal you, no boyfriend, girlfriend, family member or friend can help the way God can, though God can use others to help you, He can speak through them, and when He does, you know it.

Find that key, open your cage, and fly away a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment