Life's Beauty

Life's Beauty

Friday 7 September 2012

21 day diet, what are you planting?


Want to know something I only just realised?

My emotions don’t have to control me; I need to control my emotions!

Ha-ha, yeah, it’s only taken me 18 years! But hey, life is a journey.

Well anyways, I need to get a hold of myself and get on top of my emotions, my life.

No more negative thinking.

From now on I am determined to live my life in a positive way.

Either way I’ve got to walk through that door, may as well walk through it with a smile and positive attitude then a grumpy, negative face saying I told you so.

Do you know how bad negative thoughts are for you?

Whether you realise it or not, we are all connected, our body, our emotions thoughts are all together in one.

Your thoughts produce your moods and feelings; they then make a physical reaction like

·         Muscle tension

·         Clenched fists and jaw

·         Rise in blood pressure

Which then affects your energy levels, immune system and general health.... common people we are giving ourselves unhappy bodies.

Man, I already knew that but I just need to snap out of it and take back the reigns, then hand them to God, He knows what to do, whenever I rudely take over... we fall of a cliff.

In the book I am reading, ‘When your past is hurting your present- Sue Augustine’ I am encouraged to do a 21 day positive mental attitude diet.

One thing I am great at is guilt when I muck up, make a mistake, I pummel myself into the ground with a dark black negative cloud floating over my head for making a mistake.

But no more!

Silly me, I’m human! (Not that that is an excuse to do wrong things.)

You want to know something amazing? God gets us! He knows that we are only human; He remembers that we are imperfect, and he is cool with it. Plus He is more than capable of picking us up, dusting us off and helping us stay on the right track, astonishing huh?

Well I’m going to take you guys on this journey also... whoop! This is going to be interesting. I may need to restart many times but I am determined, I need to change the way I think, not only does the way I think effect me, but also those that I love and don’t want to hurt. God please give me strength, cause I’m going to need it!

2 comments:

  1. I just want to add a quote to this that I made up,I am going to use it when i preach in church soon.

    anyway this is the quote: 'when we get sick of life, we should treat it like any other sickness. and what do we do when we get sick? we do whatever we can to make it better, and we look forward to the day that we get better. So when we are sick of life we should do whatever we can to make it better and look forward to the day that it gets better, because it always will.'

    I LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete