Life's Beauty

Life's Beauty

Friday 13 January 2012

Wish to fly away.


As I stood on my deck out the back overlooking the beautiful Aussie bush, my thoughts tumbled over and over in my mind, like a music box you wind and the wheel spins around and around slowly clicking soft tunes.
Taking sips from my hot chocolate, I breathed the fresh air the beautiful green trees are providing as the breeze swept through the sky, softly flicking my hair back.
I turned and looked over at the colourful lorikeets munching over the bird seed and chattering at the same time. I watched as they freely flapped their wings and hopped from place to place.
I thought to myself...
“I have always wanted to fly, how cool would that be? To fly up so high you can escape your problems... when your life gets so complicated and frustrating all you have to do is spread your wings and fly!”
But I guess that’s just the same as running away isn’t it?
Not only will you hurt yourself from trying to avoid your problems and hide them inside yourself, you will also hurt others that are relying on you to help them throughout the same situation.
It takes an amazing amount of courage and strength to stand up and fight in a difficult situation.
There will always, always be times when you want nothing more than to just collapse on your knees and scream! Then slam your fists to the ground and lose yourself in the tears you are now choking on from all of that pain!  
There is hope... and a place of rest for you.
In Gods loving arms.
“I will never fail you or forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6
“No temptation has overcome you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful, he will not let you be tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.” 1 Corinthians 10:13
“I am... the Father who comforts you in all your troubles.” 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
“One day I will wipe away every tear from your eyes.” Revelation 21:3-4
To those who are keeping their strength up and eyes set on God, great job! Keep it up!
If you’re not... then maybe you should.
What else can you lose?


No comments:

Post a Comment