Life's Beauty

Life's Beauty

Friday 20 January 2012

Help yourself.


Wouldn’t it be great if when someone said sorry and truly meant it, that the emotional pain you felt from that person would just rub away? And it left?
But unfortunately it doesn’t work that way, you can accept their apology and forgive them. But it is too late, it happened, they hurt you. And for some of us, like me, there is a deep scar that never goes away, it may heal over time and stop hurting. But there will always be a light mark left. And every time you are reminded of that scar it hurts again, and some scars haven’t been given enough time to heal and it is re-opened. Then you have to start the mending all over again!
Then we ask ourselves is it worth it?
To let yourself get hurt again and again, wouldn’t it be better to just give up and never let anyone close enough to you again? That way you are safe! No more emotional pain.
But then you miss out on the happiness you gain when you are in a relationship with someone.
My mum says that you need to leave yourself open, open your heart to the relationship but also to the possibility of hurt in relationships. If you close heart and only let someone in a little you will miss out on so much.
Miss out? Miss out in what? Sure it’s happy at times but then you drop down a steep mountain with sharp rocks at the bottom.
I have always been the girl who doesn’t let people come too close, it’s not worth the hurt.
I have had many relationships and friendships with people, but as soon as we reached a certain point, ‘the point of no return.’ ;) In the relationship I would shutdown and run away, kind of like run away bride, haha, I just don’t let people get too close.
I only trust people to a certain point, and when they break that trust, it doesn’t matter if it is an accident or not, I never forget it. And that trust is gone, I feel like that point of trust I had for/with those people or person will never go back to that point ever again. (I kind of can’t help it.)

There’s someone I know who is very dear to me, but this person is a lot like me in the way of doing what I have been doing, but this person’s been doing it for a long time now, and because of this, this person Is going through a severe breakdown and it is not good to watch nor be a part of, it sucks out all your energy and effects the people around them, it’s terrible!
And I do not want that to happen to me, so I’m doing something about it, I’m going to see someone who I believe can really help me. And I’m not doing this JUST for me, but also my friends and family, as I don’t want them to go through it as well.
So please, don’t do what I have been doing, yes you will most likely get hurt, but God will give you the strength to bear it.
‘In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfils. Thus, happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it but to delight in it when it comes’. - Nicholas Nickleby

Talk to someone, a pastor or a councillor, ether of them can help maybe even a call up place like kids help line (something like that).
I know it is hard to talk to people about your emotions and issues, trust me, I know! But it really does help, please help yourself.
“When you break your arm you got to a doctor, when your tooth hurts you go to a dentist... but when your heart is broken what do u do?” - Melina
Your Blogger Talitha xo

1 comment:

  1. That's called bravery Talitha. Choosing to go to a place where it is scary to go is brave and I applaud you for it and give God glory for it too, because He's keeping you from getting stuck in a bad place.

    ReplyDelete