Life's Beauty

Life's Beauty

Sunday 20 October 2013

Spiritual Lows


I like to say I have a strong, close relationship with God and I am very blessed to have such a wonderful, amazing God who speaks to me in times of trouble.

But sometimes on my journey I don’t feel His presence and I am spiritually low.

And I hate it! It’s like a part of me is missing, it sucks!

And I feel as though I have done something wrong and many questions come to mind, such as, “is my faith strong enough? What am I doing wrong?”

The other night I was having a large spiritual low, actually it has been like this for a week or two. And I have been praying “Please God come back to me, draw me close, am I pushing you away? Cause if I am, I’m sorry and I don’t want to, tear down whatever wall is between us, please!”

Last night I just couldn't get to sleep and it felt like a spiritual thing. Then I felt like I needed to read some of the book I have been reading called ‘God loves broken people (and those who pretend they’re not.)’  By Sheila Walsh.

And what do you know; my amazing, spectacular God has answered my prayers once again in a beautiful way! Praise Him!

I start reading and ‘BAM’ it is talking exactly about spiritual lows- coincidence? I think not!

It was very amazing actually; it was speaking about how many great Christians known for their faith did have many spiritual lows on their journey, some for weeks, even years. Mother Teresa, John the Baptist and many others I am sure.

They asked God many questions as I have and possibly you as well, but God came through for them every time, just as He will for you and me, always.

Spiritual lows do not mean you are a failure as a Christian, it merely means that you are human. And it just proves how much our souls and hearts truly long for and need God, it really is a beautiful thing.

But sadly things such as spiritual lows are never really spoken about, as people want to be thought of, or remembered as amazing ‘faithful’ and ‘spiritual’ people. For some it may be there arrogance and pride too, but I’m here to tell you that it is okay and it happens. But God has not abandoned you; perhaps you just need to work on your faith and patience.  (As sometimes God waits till you are at the very end of your rope before He shows up.)

But don’t give up on God, because He has never given up on you and never will.

Keep praying and stay strong, God may be working on many things in your life at the moment which takes time and patience. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment