Life's Beauty

Life's Beauty

Wednesday 19 December 2012

The most important thing.


Love is the most important ingredient.

‘There are three things that will endure- faith, hope, and love- and the greatest of these is love.’- 1 Corinthians 13:13

Ok, what is with this girl!? She has this obsession with love! If you are a regular reader of my blogs then you might be thinking this way. Well, it is important! It really is what the world is missing, think about it, if most people in the world had and gave love.

‘Love is patient and kind... is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude... dose not demand its own way... is not irritable and keeps no record of wrong...rejoices whenever the truth wins... Love never gives up, never losses faith, is always hopeful and endures through every circumstance. Love will last forever...’ – 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Wow, imagine if more people were like THAT! How much better would the world be!?

But what is stopping you?

“God gets blamed for a lot of things these days... we see bad things happening... we wonder why doesn’t He do something. Why doesn’t He stop it? I don’t really know, but I wonder if God ever wants to ask us the same question.”- Chris from To Save A Life.

I know how hard it can be to love some people, I know!

I’ve been praying most of my life asking God to please help me to love my enemies, cause crikey it is hard! But you know what? It is a great feeling when you do, because you know and God knows that you have and are doing the right thing, and that makes God happy. :)

Let me share with you a story of mine...

When I was in high school, there was this nasty girl who was bulling me, just emotionally, but she was scary... and very good at what she did, she would fake it and manipulate people to hate me for something I never did.

I don’t know why she did these things but it made school life and home life a regular battle, but I never stopped smiling.

One day she spread a nasty rumour about me, and my whole grade heard it including the office, next thing I know, the deputy principle pulls me out of class asking me what I was doing? Why I did it? When I hadn’t done anything, it was a lie. And some people were asking why I was being so horrible to the girl who was actually the bully manipulating them with her fake tears and lies.

Well I bolted to the toilets in a complete mess! Bawling my eyes out, and feeling sick. I had every reason to hate her, but do you know want to know what I did instead? I allowed God and the Holy Spirit to influence my thoughts and emotions, and not what the world says to do. When I was in the toilets sobbing I prayed this prayer.

“Lord, I can’t believe this is happening, how can someone be so heartless!? I want to ask you to make her come to school bald, but I guess for someone to do something like this must mean that she is really hurting inside, so Lord, will you please help her.”

Yep, one of my proudest moments I think, it took fair more effort for me to pray good things for her but the peace I had in my heart I could not have achieved any other way, not even with revenge.

‘You should behave instead like Gods very own children adopted into his family- calling him “Father, dear Father.”... His Holy Spirit speaks... deep in our hearts... tells us that we are Gods children... Since we are his children we will have his treasure- for everything God gives to his Son, Christ, is ours too. But if we are to share his glory we must also share his suffering.”- Romans 8:15-17

No comments:

Post a Comment