Life's Beauty

Life's Beauty

Monday 6 February 2012

Waiting


‘A Thousand Years’ by Christina Perri is a beautiful song all about the one she loves that she has been waiting and waiting for, which may seem like a thousand years. The chorus of the song goes...
“I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more”
This song is definitely one of my favourites, and great to sing to, but also expresses how I have been feeling and still am felling for quite some time... waiting to find that special someone, waiting to be loved.
But in this song she finds him, in my case I haven’t yet, or I just haven’t realised who it is. And I know that there are so many of you out there that feel exactly the same way as me, and this is what I want to say to you and also myself. :D
Don’t sit there feeling sorry for yourself because you don’t have that special someone to love and love you back. Be patient and trust in God, he has the perfect someone waiting for you, don’t settle with second best because you feel you can’t wait any longer.
Instead live your life! While you are waiting, don’t be the kind of person that needs someone else, but the kind of person someone else needs. Hang out with friends, mature and experience life, work on your personality and maybe even other things in your life.
Some of you might need to sort stuff out in your life before you start life with another. :)
Don’t lie around all depressed and complaining of not having that special someone. COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS! And enjoy them; the more you hide away inside of yourself, the more you will push others away, and that’s no good.
Especially when God has someone handpicked just for you!
Don’t you think that person will deserve the best of you?
“One step closer.”

No comments:

Post a Comment